The key to running a successful business is keeping your company’s communication lines operational. In many cases, companies rely on email and cell phone networks. However, these methods have their own issues. When you’re running a business you can’t have communication issues. Rather than relying on email and cell phones, you should consider SIP Trunking. Here’s why:
SIP Trunking is a modern solution for your communication needs. It is a way to virtualize your phone connection through the internet. Depending on your current Business Phone System, you may not have to add any hardware to make SIP work.
Benefits of SIP Trunking
Can your business benefit from SIP? In most cases, yes. Here are just a few of the benefits of switching:
- Easy setup – As mentioned above, SIP doesn’t require hardware to get setup.
- Security – As VoIP is a secure protocol, communicating through SIP is completely secure.
- Cost-Effective – SIP will reduce your monthly phone bill by as much as 40-50%.
- Mobility – With SIP, your employees can remain in contact regardless of their location.
- Maintenance – SIP requires little to no technical support from you.
SIP Trunking Best Practices
While all of the above are great reasons to switch to SIP, you have to deploy your system appropriately. Here are some of the best practices for switching to SIP:
- Be sure that you evaluate your plan carefully. You don’t want to get stuck with a plan that doesn’t meet your requirements.
- You should also ensure that you get all of the features you want. For example, if you want 911 call routing, call recording, or MCID, be sure that your plan includes those features.
- Take your time when switching. Rushing a major technology change is never a good idea.