Most people switch their telecommunications either to save money or improve customer service. SIP Trunking is one of the best solutions for achieving both of these goals and then some. Here’s why you can rest easy by switching to SIP.
SIP Trunking Benefits:
- Scalable – With SIP Trunking, you only have to pay for what you currently need. Rather than purchasing channels in blocks, you can get the exact amount that your business needs. As you grow, you can add more.
- No Long-Distance Plans – SIP Trunking does away with traditional long-distance plans. Because you are using the internet to conduct calls, all calls are essentially local. This is a great way to save money.
- Low Up-Front Costs – By choosing SIP, you don’t have to pay much upfront. This is great for growing businesses. Furthermore, your cost savings begin right away. This means that you’ll get a fast return on your small investment.
- No Experts Needed – You don’t have to be an expert to use your SIP Trunking solution. This is great because you don’t have to incur maintenance costs for simple fixes and minor changes.
- Remote Employees – If your company has remote workers, SIP is an ideal solution. Now, your remote employees can use the Business Phone System even if they’re at home.
- Unified Communications – SIP is a great way to employ Unified Communications. UC permits your employees to use collaboration tools like screen sharing and instant messaging. Oftentimes these tools come with no additional cost.
- Backup Plans – As a business owner, you don’t ever want a customer to receive a busy signal when they call your company. SIP Trunking ensures that that won’t happen, even in the event of a power outage. If that occurs, your solutions can be pre-set to route calls to other locations or devices (like your cell phone). This makes sure that no call is ever missed.